Tonight is mainly the newer students, so we are once again trying to get the hanging mechanisms working. Stephanie has been working on an arm with a claw on the end of it, and we are going to try and attach that too it.
The first event of the night was to figure out the gearing ratios. We eventually figured out what sort of torque we needed to lift the robot, and then we figured out which gears we needed to use to reach the desired torque. We then proceeded to build a framework for the gears, but unfortunately, we didn’t have enough time to place and attach all the gears. We were able to attach the arm, and we are hoping to continue working on this design over the coming weeks, and possibly take it too a competition, just so it can hang.
We had a great meeting, and we are beginning to get everything lined up for the Nov. 4th competition. We have Thanksgiving coming up, and we won’t be meeting at all during that, so we are trying to get everything finished early so we can get more practice driving.